Apistogramma Sp Purple Really Sp Pebas?

SuperGuppyGirl

So I picked up a few pairs at aquarium central, and after some shuffling finally got them settled in my 60G. Apparently settled them really well after some almond leaves were added to tank they decided to spawn. So basically after squire abit of research I believe I have id them to be A. Sp Pebas but was hoping some apisto gurus can confirm. First 2 pics of my dominant male, last pic is of the rearing female. Pics don't do justice to the truly lovely coloration of bluish purple color the male displays. Thanks in advance.

post-5607-0-26274600-1400542651_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-27242900-1400542663_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-80421900-1400542677_thumb.jpg

Not sure but I don't think they are pebas . Their bodies look to long and slender and the fins look too long.

Damn, was on apistogrammas.com and found similiar pics and didn't think to look at fin size. Hunt continues I guess. I've been mostly looking at the eunotus and regani groups to try and find a match up.

Uwe Romer has a couple all-Apistogramma books (Cichlid Atlas if i remember the name correctly)that contain a "Key" to help identify apistos by physical characterustics. All by picture. Works very well they aren't cheap but are the Apistogramma bible. I got atlas 1 and 2 for about a hundred bucks used off the Web.

Edited by Jayba

Thanks Jayba, I'll start there. I talked to the owner and the apistos were collected in Peru but was all the importer would say other than they are rarer to bring in. Was also told that the importer says their name is the sp purple but I believe that's his name for them. I did spawn them in a pH of 7 and the kH was 8, temp 80 F. Glad I remembered to test some water parameters for a change. Also just checked the tank again noticing yet again that mom seems to be doing most of the care with some help from dad but dad is also noticing the other female who is starting to show breeding colours so thinking this means non monogamous ? I really don't know enough about apistos here's hoping some research rubs into my cory soaked brain.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Thinking I'm on info overload lol but that first link you sent Jayba I was able to search through the site and they had an amazing listing with pics compiled. Thinking I might see if they can Id them if not just going to have keep them as sp purple. Thanks again everyone for the help.