Seafood Shack Horizon

Theo1429

I've had the Seafood Shack on the Dream and can definitely recommend the Lobster Roll.  Haven't had anything else.  I was tempted to try the crab legs and shrimp but thought they probably don't boil them in the good spicy seasonings we do in Louisiana. 

• Like 1

We tried several of the menu items. The crab legs were pretty good. I enjoyed the lobster roll but my family thought it was just ok. It definitely had more mayonnaise in it than the ones around here do but it had plenty of meat and good flavor. I would eat it again. The fried seafood platter was too oily and not very flavorful. In our case the shrimp were almost all puffed breading and nearly identical to the free ones that they serve in the buffet. I’ve seen vlogs/reviews  where the breading on the shrimp looked completely different from what we had so I’m not sure what you’d get. The crab cakes had too much dill and maybe even too much of something else. The free one in the main dining room was significantly better. It was our least favorite of everything we tried. The fries were also a little oily but they weren’t terrible. I’m including some pictures for you as well. Enjoy!

C239E0CC-9C0E-42ED-AEA7-8A005B104AC3.jpeg

BEDCC2F2-F565-482F-894B-740B79532F36.jpeg

C86E16A7-77D3-4738-8C6D-36698E8519CF.jpeg

E6F0F252-BB86-4265-9326-30E15632B2EC.jpeg

• Like 2

I was on the horizon November 2019, my husband and I seen someone with a bucket of seafood after our jiji experience we were shocked it looked so tasty...thank you for sharing the pictures.

I'm use to small ships, horizon I still needed to get use to finding the restaurants lol

8 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

We tried several of the menu items. The crab legs were pretty good. I enjoyed the lobster roll but my family thought it was just ok. It definitely had more mayonnaise in it than the ones around here do but it had plenty of meat and good flavor. I would eat it again. The fried seafood platter was too oily and not very flavorful. In our case the shrimp were almost all puffed breading and nearly identical to the free ones that they serve in the buffet. I’ve seen vlogs/reviews  where the breading on the shrimp looked completely different from what we had so I’m not sure what you’d get. The crab cakes had too much dill and maybe even too much of something else. The free one in the main dining room was significantly better. It was our least favorite of everything we tried. The fries were also a little oily but they weren’t terrible. I’m including some pictures for you as well. Enjoy!

On the Breeze, we bought 2 orders of the crab cakes, 1lb crab legs, a lobster roll, and 3 pounds steamed shrimp. We did not like the crab cakes at all.  I’m not one to complain but I had to take them back.  The manager deleted the charges.  The rest was delicious. 

We plan to get the same thing one night on our Horizon cruise in May but we will avoid the crab cakes. 

Edited by Willwork4cruises

16 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I gotta admit the crab legs in this picture look like they are well seasoned.  I might have to try them on next cruise.

The free food can be mediocre and the food you buy is actually well seasoned and cooked right . 

Try it on the ship one of the restaurants and you'll notice the difference. 

Start with: Cucino, the nice cakes in the coffee bar section are delicious better than the free cake! AIf your ship have jiji asian kitchen try that . Seafood shack trynit once and you'll definitely notice the difference from the Buffett free seafood. 

My first time buying food was my recent cruise in November I always wondered why and now I know it literally is better food quality... Also with the coffee bar snacks and coffee is worth the money I usually buy it all cruises one specialty coffee and cake lol .

21 hours ago, sixesandeights said:

There is so much included food on the ship, why pay for this?  Are the prices super reasonable so it's a great deal?  The reviews have been decidedly mediocre, so I am just curious.  I have never had a lobster roll and it sounds interesting.  What is the cost?

6&8

We really like the seafood shack! They have some of the best tartar sauce, Ev-AHH! We like to get the platter and share while we're watching Lido deck antics! The lobster roll was ok, but the mayo level can be a little heavy handed sometimes. But, yes, seafood shack is def worth the splurge!

22 hours ago, sixesandeights said:

There is so much included food on the ship, why pay for this?

Depending on the ship, only certain restaurants are free for lunch and some only free on sea day lunches.

Most dinner options are pay outside of buffet, main dining room, pizza, Guys Burgers, and the deli.  The first 2 I would not eat very often and the last 2 may close by 6pm.  I never went hungry on my last cruise that had no pay options but I certainly did get bored with the selection.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:37 PM, Theo1429 said:

Cruising on Horizon April 18 any comments or reviews on the Seafood Shack restaurant thanks

I have had the fresh oysters on several ships, and they were great. However, I have had them only on the first 2 or 3 days on the ship. I do not know it they get fresh ones at the port stops, so I am careful.

5 hours ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

I have had the fresh oysters on several ships, and they were great. However, I have had them only on the first 2 or 3 days on the ship. I do not know it they get fresh ones at the port stops, so I am careful.

fresh oysters packed in ice will stay fresh and closed all week

On 1/22/2020 at 1:42 AM, Cherries Jubilee said:

Fried shrimp are ok..at least they are hot when they come out.  Did you know you can ask for the lobster roll to be made with no mayo, just melted butter on it?  Delicious.  Takes a bit longer because they have to make it up for you but worth it.

27 minutes ago, ChosenOne said:

Fried shrimp are ok..at least they are hot when they come out.  Did you know you can ask for the lobster roll to be made with no mayo, just melted butter on it?  Delicious.  Takes a bit longer because they have to make it up for you but worth it.

That's good to know.  I'd prefer it with melted butter.  I wonder if they charge extra for extra melted butter for the crab legs?