Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
claumakurumure
New Contributor III

Forticlient error message on Win XP

Hi all, We have a problem with a nerror message saying Forticlient Manager Daemon on Windows XP and windows 2003 only. We have fortimananger that is controlling the machines and we have a fortigate as a Firewall. No problem with windows 7. Forticlient Version 4.1.2.138
hezvo uko
hezvo uko
4 REPLIES 4
cmberry
New Contributor

I am not seeing that error message, but I have issues with Forticlient on XP. I recently installed the 4.1.3.143 on 30 PC' s. On all the Vista machines and Windows 7 machines, no issues. On every single Windows XP SP3 machine, the firewall thinks that they are " non-compliant" , and thus blocks the internet. All these XP machines have 4.1.3.143 installed, running, and there is nothing " non-compliant" about them. To deal with the issue, I have to temp excempt them for 8 hours at a time, but if someone here cant point me in the right directions, I will have to turn off endpoint NAC. What about XP (with the newer versions of FortiClient) is causing all these issues with NAC?
cmberry
New Contributor

Here is a screenshot of my fortigate webconfig -> Endpoint NAC -> Monitor. notice windows 7 and vista, communicate fine with fortigate, but all XP machines are non-compliant and send no info to populate OS version, etc. I hope I am not thread-jacking here, I just felt my problems are similar to the OP.
Not applicable

Thats very odd, I dont have any problems with the Forticlients since using 4.1.3.143....
cmberry
New Contributor

Thats very odd, I dont have any problems with the Forticlients since using 4.1.3.143....
I wonder if it' s because I am not on AD domain. Are you? I am just running say 15 xp machines 7 vista machines and 7 windows 7 machines in a workgroup. Maybe something about the way vista and 7 work allows communication, but not so with xp. Is anyone running fortclient 4.1.3 in a simple workgroup setup, have have the clients communicating with a fortigate successfully?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors