Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Evo d510 SFF
Other

Hi. I bought recently Evo d510 SFF, but it came without HDD or CD with any drivers for Window 98. I found tons of drivers for XP and 2000 and other systems, but almost nothing for Windows 98..  i tried to find those on HP's ftp but without any luck. Same with Google -- its like noone ever heard of such thing. I also tried to contact people i saw on YouTube, using that computer, but ony one guy responded telling me he cant help, because his machine came with system already installed. Also on HP's site states there are no longer available any older drivers for older systems, whats left is only for modern stuff..

So my question is: was there ANY CD for that computer? And if, where i could obtain copy of it?

Maybe someone have such CD and could help me?

Thanks

Frank

a0086433-24b4-440a-9752-b26b83e650c3.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

All I can seem to find is that no d510 came with W98 or W2K from the factory.

All the recovery kits are for XP Home or Pro.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/search.aspx?searchterm=d510

Here are a handful of W98 drivers I could find...

Chipset:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp27501-28000/sp27532.exe

Graphics:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/7005/Intel-R-Extreme-Graphics-2-driver?product=81530

Audio:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp27001-27500/sp27103.exe

Ethernet:  It's one of either...some d510s came with the Intel Pro VE 10/100 ethernet adapter, and some came with the Broadcom gigabit ethernet adapter.

Intel:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33671.exe

Broadcom:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp42001-42500/sp42471.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks, but all info You provided i got searching by google. XP and 2000 have all drivers out there, what im trying to find is for Windows 98 specifically.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you go to the FTP site, you will find that the drivers I posted are for W98.

Just read the html or cva files.  They tell you what operating systems are supported by the drivers.

I checked every one of the files I posted to make sure W98 was supported by the driver file before I posted them.

For example...the Intel ethernet driver...sp33671

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33671.cva

[Operating Systems]
Linux=OEM
WIN2000=OEM
WIN98=OSR1
NT40=OEM
WINXP32C=OEM
WINXP32P=OEM

Now I need to go back and find the graphics driver because the file I posted is no good.

HP Recommended

OK, I edited my post above, with the W98 graphics driver directly from Intel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.