Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Prandalli.jpg
Ppulcherimmus.jpg

Randells female

2nd. set of pics is the Resplendent female. And this is what comes
closes to what I have in my tank... Granted mine are not looking the healthiest they could be. They are skinny, where as all the others are nice and healthy. I'm hoping they will start gaining some weight soon.
Phutomoi.jpg
Pseudanthias hutomoi

Here are a few pics which I think are a little clearer :rolleyes:

Attachments

• UnknownAnthias044.jpg
    UnknownAnthias044.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 82
  • UnknownAnthias041.jpg
    UnknownAnthias041.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 83
  • UnknownAnthias006.jpg
    UnknownAnthias006.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 88
  • UnknownAnthias003.jpg
    UnknownAnthias003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

JasonE

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the last picture you posted just absolutely confirms it. these are hutomoi. See the two light dots under the dorsal fin? They are even visible in Jack's picture of the dead holotype.
you are not going to find any pictures online, they are a rare fish. there are plenty of pics in Kuiter & Debelius, and a couple in Scott Michael RF vol1.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hi Jason, I never saw those dots because they are not visible to the necked eye on mine. The first time I saw them is in that pic, and honestly I thought they were something to do with refections or such:shhh:.
I would agree with you, except that I am still confused with the coloration. Their color is closer to the resplendant. They are not pink like the pic of the hutomoi, plus the hutomoi doesn't seem to have the yellow dorsal fin & tail like mine.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Jason, great job with the ID on this.

Enjoy this beautiful fish Awilda.

Russ

I most definitely will enjoy my pair of Hutomois :lol_large. How I ended up with these two could only be a gift from above.
They may not be at their peak health, and apperance, but they are still alive. That tells me I have an amazing pair since I've had them for at least a month, perhaps two. I think I will up my feedings to 3 times a day see if they gain any weight. They tend to be a little shy so I am also feeding in the mornings with ambient light.

Thank you all for the wonderful help in identifying these two little ones. Especially JasonE, my son's name sake..

Can one of the moderators change the title of this thread to "We are "Pseudanthias Hutomoi" pretty please".:flirt: :cheekkiss :hug:
Thank you!!!!!!!!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Awilda,

anthias need to eat often, three times a day feeding is a minimum for them. this is one of the things that makes keeping them difficult. try upping the feedings, small amounts but spread out over the day and see how they respond. congrats on finding some rare fish in your own tank :)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awilda,

anthias need to eat often, three times a day feeding is a minimum for them. this is one of the things that makes keeping them difficult. try upping the feedings, small amounts but spread out over the day and see how they respond. congrats on finding some rare fish in your own tank :)

Thank you Jonathan. Now if I could only find that pot of gold in my own back yard.:wink1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: