A

Anonymous

Picked up TWO of these today. One much larger than the other. In a 40 g QT right now. We'll see how they get along.

8O

Attachments

• Suttonia.jpg
    Suttonia.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 5,683
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh, it's about 0.75" long, so yes. By the way, eat one. :P :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big do they get? The picts in the article look to be of a bigger specimen.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavaphon":3aq5vm99 said:
Your fish is smaller than mine! hehe :eek:

:lol:

Did you ever get yours to take frozen mysids? I have a steady supply of live glass shrimp so I should be golden even if they don't take frozen food.

The larger one is about 1.25" or so.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you all ready laid your hand down, you can't bluff now :lol: Next time don't post a message to Steve telling him about a fish ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GreshamH":17m9ow2d said:
But you all ready laid your hand down, you can't bluff now :lol: Next time don't post a message to Steve telling him about a fish ;)

Uh, did I say Steve?

You'd make a good detective. ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bleedingthought":2bc8aih6 said:
Matt, are these in a new nano you set up? If so, let's see the tank. :P

They're in a 40 g QT right now. I'm trying to find out what size tank the two of them will need to happily co-exist.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":1yyqbylz said:
GreshamH":1yyqbylz said:

Uh, did I say Steve?

You'd make a good detective. ;)

The post in IBTH ;) IIRC it's titled something like "hey Steve" :D

Pavaphon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":10qwi2q4 said:
Pavaphon":10qwi2q4 said:

Did you ever get yours to take frozen mysids? I have a steady supply of live glass shrimp so I should be golden even if they don't take frozen food.

No, sometimes the fish do show interest in living Artemia. But most of the time it will ignore. I don't sure that it is because my fish is too big to take an interest in a small prey or not.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavaphon":t0n01yyq said:
Matt_Wandell":t0n01yyq said:
Pavaphon":t0n01yyq said:

No, sometimes the fish do show interest in living Artemia. But most of the time it will ignore. I don't sure that it is because my fish is too big to take an interest in a small prey or not.

Both of these guys are feasting on it. Not taking frozen mysids yet. Stay tuned...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavaphon":3j1hj6re said:
Matt_Wandell":3j1hj6re said:
Pavaphon":3j1hj6re said:

Pavaphon,
Have you noticed the odd stalking behavior when they prey on ghost shrimp? Do they present themselves sideways to the shrimp and undulate their body like mine do? Very, very strange. They both do it.

Pavaphon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":24za70wt said:
Pavaphon":24za70wt said:
Matt_Wandell":24za70wt said:
Pavaphon":24za70wt said:

Pavaphon,

Have you noticed the odd stalking behavior when they prey on ghost shrimp? Do they present themselves sideways to the shrimp and undulate their body like mine do? Very, very strange. They both do it.

they perch behind the rock and waiting for the shrimp to come nearby. When it cam quite near, then they will start stalking and catch the shrimp in the middle of the body or sideway.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well these guys are apparently getting along. Occasionally they share a cave. The other day they both stalked the same frozen mysid side by side and the bigger one grabbed it first. No apparent aggression.

The only downside with these fish is that they are very secretive. They hide all day long in the same spot, and only move around at feeding time. They won't spend more than a few seconds in the open.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: