Quantcast

Park CN-10 or Shimano TL-CT10 cable & housing cutters...

pcmarathon

Chimp
Jan 7, 2002
Salt Lake City, Utah
I was planning on purchasing a pair of cable and housing cutters. Anyway, a LBS have said that Park CN-4 cutters do not function that well and have recommended Shimano TL-CT10 cutters instead. I noticed that Park recently rolled out a newer pair of cable cutters, CN-10. What confidence can anyone give me that the new cutters, PC-10, will function as well as the Shimano cutters? Also, what improvements/features do the CN-10 cutters have that the CN-4 cutters don't? What do the CN-10 cutters do that the Shimano cutters might not do?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by pcmarathon
I was planning on purchasing a pair of cable and housing cutters. Anyway, a LBS have said that Park CN-4 cutters do not function that well and have recommended Shimano TL-CT10 cutters instead. I noticed that Park recently rolled out a newer pair of cable cutters, CN-10. What confidence can anyone give me that the new cutters, PC-10, will function as well as the Shimano cutters? Also, what improvements/features do the CN-10 cutters have that the CN-4 cutters don't? What do the CN-10 cutters do that the Shimano cutters might not do?
I use the Park and have never had a problem, I did hear that the Shimano is better. If you are going to use it at home the Park should be fine.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
i you want professional quality ,cut after cut the FELCO's are the best; much better than any other housing cutter.they are really expensive around $70 dollars and difficult to find ,too.
the other choice multiporpuse DREMMEL with a disc cutter two problems :1)heats the liner if you are not carefull and
2) the disc will brake and fly (very fast)so use EYE protection allways
the dremmel produce perfect cuts every time and is great on motorcycle/ bicycle hydrolic brake lines especially braided lines

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
we got some cn 10's at our shop and the first time I used it I was like.....another piece of sh*t.....but then the owner was like gimme those and he wrenched on the bolt, and they work really good now.....yay