FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

View Stats:
pacati May 30, 2020 @ 4:25am
Rikku's Hidden Scene
I canna guess how many times I've played thru this game on PS2, PS2 Windows Emulator and the HD version. This scene has never triggered, and I have no idea how it triggered.

It's in Guadosalam during your first visit. Seymour makes his proposal to Yuna, then outside in front of his house everybody meets and Yuna explains that she's not ruling out marriage.

But the scene doesn't end. Next everyone walks apart and you walk with Rikku up onto the top walkway arch (that heads to the Farplane). She consoles Tidus about Yuna, clearly keen to Tidus's apparent emotional attachment. Then you're given three choices: 1 I don't care, 2 Perhaps you're right and 3 I'd rather be with you, Rikku.

I chose 3, figuring it'd be the most interesting response. Rikku becomes giddy, jumps down from the top arch to the next level, then looking up at Tidus says "Perhaps someday!" in al-bhed.

Then you get control again. But you can't advance the plot like normal yet until you go over to where Rikku ran off to. Then there's a series of private dialogues between Rikku and Tidus, where Rikku talks about how her mother was killed by a machina when she was very young. And how she wishes terribly that she had siblings. And how she plans on having a huge family someday, so all her kids will have many siblings. Then she says, "I wonder if Yuna's returned?" and runs off.

And then the game returns to normal.

Was I just totally unlucky that this scene never triggered for me before? Is it more common than say, one out of a hundred playthroughs?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Nezkeys May 30, 2020 @ 4:34am 
Ive never seen that scene.played once on ps2 and once on ps4 remaster
Hinnyuu May 30, 2020 @ 7:27am 
This is related to the "dating" mechanic in FFX. There's a number of hidden variables that govern who you end up talking with in Guadosalam - it's either Lulu or Rikku. If it's Rikku, the result is the dialogues above.

It also changes who you ride with during the sled ride to Macalania, though this is not limited to Rikku and Lulu but includes Auron or Kimahri as well. Lastly, there's two little interactions on the airship as you confront Sin that change based on it (who talks to you before you jump on Sin, and who talks to you before you go inside it).

The mechanics are somewhat complicated and involve decisions both in and out of combat. As a general rule, whenever you have the option to talk to your team, whoever you talk to first will get the most points; and whoever has the most points when one of the scenes triggers will be the one it's with. In combat, using Tidus to heal them or guard them increases points, too.
Last edited by Hinnyuu; May 30, 2020 @ 7:28am
pacati May 30, 2020 @ 9:07am 
Holy cow! Looks like I asked in the right place. Thanks, Hinnyuu.
Casurin May 30, 2020 @ 10:35am 
One simple way of influencing the dating-mechanics (not just dating) is to use Tidus to attack characters to drop the affectiong and heal them to increase it. The affection also selects which member throws the ball for blitz-ace, this interaction, and i think in 2-3 other occasions it decided who talks (ior acts first).
Getting to talk to Rikku is a bit harder as you only get her shortly beforehand but there are already several occasions where you can get extra points towards Yuna and Lulu.

Sadly it has no further implications to the game.
Hinnyuu May 30, 2020 @ 10:38am 
Oh yeah that's right, I forgot about the BB thing - whichever girl is highest is the one who tosses the final ball on Tidus' Blitz Ace (provided she's alive in combat); sadly this does not include the guys, it would be fun to see Auron or Kimahri toss Tidus ;)
DavyFiveStar May 30, 2020 @ 1:57pm 
Yeah someone has beaten me to it but it is the dating mechanic and typically the game is set up for Lulu, making Rikku kind of but not really a secret scene
huangism Jun 1, 2020 @ 7:54pm 
yes the dating mechanic is the correct answer, used to be a guide on it on gamefaq but I am not sure if it is still there https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs so much guides here, i am sure it's in one of them but I am not sure which one
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 30, 2020 @ 4:25am