Java Rice Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Industrial

AC Members
Oct 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Today at my LFS I saw that they just got in some Java Rice Fish. I figured instead of asking, I would just come home and do a little research. Unfortunately, no results for this common name.

Maybe somebody here could help me.

These fish were small, smaller than female bettas and they were colorless and the back half was somewhat see though. I saw a female with eggs attached to her body. These fish were cheap, 1.99 each. Dies anybody know what they could be?

Industrial

AC Members
Oct 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
The one on the wiki page isn't as translucent and it may have had a less killifish style face, but it may be the right fish. I think I may just have to buy a couple. I have never seen them before in my LFS but I am pretty confident that they need no special care. When I go back I will ask the owner if he knows the scientific name and maybe I can get some pictures.

Onna Shinigami

AC Members
Oct 3, 2002
Tennessee
I know its a type of Rice fish. I got the pic off of the seller Lotsofish on Aquabid, he seems to sell quite a few of them along with other fish. Could probably send him an email asking for some info on them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store