Blue-finned Convict Cichlid

Ekona

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
My first post here. I really enjoy this forum. Excellent content and the forum theme is great.

I recently acquired this pair of a blue-finned convict cichlid. They are of unknown province or location. Some well-respected and knowledgeable breeders have suggested they are a very clean form of A. nigrofasciata or A. siquia, not appearing to be a washed out HRP or hybrid HRP x nigrofasciata. I tend to agree. They have very good body form, markings and colors. There are in fact, in the wild, naturally occurring A. nigrofasciata (as identified by field researchers) with blue fins that are not HRP or hybrids, just naturally occurring color morphs. Here are some photos. Enjoy.A siqu Male Portrait NT1txt.jpg

A. siqu Female NT Port 2.jpg

A. siquia male Display NT 5txt.jpg

A. siquia Male Display NT2txt.jpg

A. siquia Pair Display NT 3txt.jpg

A. siquia Pair Display NT 9txt.jpg

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Nice fish. But look like the have green fins. lol

Reactions: Ekona

Ekona

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
Thanks for the comments all.

Here is the first batch of juvies from this pair. Photo take nabout a week ago. Already showing good color and markings. Anybody in US interested in these let me know. I've got another spawn free-swimming as of today. The parents are ideal and are not aggressive toward each other at all. Great fish IMO.

A. siqu Juvies 6 weeks Good.jpg

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Nice. id take some but only hav one full tank.
How old are they? (in the pic)

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store