Let's see those Cuban Cichlids!!!!

BlesOne

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 12, 2011
Post your N. tetracanthus "Cuban" cichlids here!!

My breeder male "Voodoo Strain". Imported from Thailand currently at approximately 7"
IMG_20150920_171053.jpg

This is Umbeeking's stunner male 10" male "COHIBA"
IMG_20150725_095159.jpg

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
Very pretty fish. Kicking myself for not buying one when they were available a few years ago, never hasn't seen one since.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Lovely fish one of my favorites, 6 years ago while living in Germany I was going to set up a fish room with n.haitensis n.tetracanthus n.ramsdeni but at the time could not find any n.haitensis. there was a few breeders with ramsdeni though wish I picked up a few.

BlesOne

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 12, 2011
A pair I had a while back.

and now that Cuba is opening up, I'm hoping the other Cuban cichlid, Nandopsis ramsdeni will find its way back into the hobby.
Beautiful pair Duanes!! I'm looking forward to some ramsdeni as well, hopefully it can be done soon!

Last edited:

BlesOne

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 12, 2011
Very pretty fish. Kicking myself for not buying one when they were available a few years ago, never hasn't seen one since.
That sucks buddy, they're not as rare on this part thankfully. Hopefully you manage to locate some.

wow Blesone that "voodoo strain" is stunning!
Thank you, I'm very excited to see what he produces.

Lovely fish one of my favorites, 6 years ago while living in Germany I was going to set up a fish room with n.haitensis n.tetracanthus n.ramsdeni but at the time could not find any n.haitensis. there was a few breeders with ramsdeni though wish I picked up a few.
Wow that would have been quite the man cave!! Nandopsis mansion lol It's actually somewhat the opposite here in the US currently, where as N. haituensis are quite common but no hope of landing a ramsdeni... hopefully our luck changes now that the situation with Cuba has improved :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store