Please help ID this Synodontis Catfish!!

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
i have this fish for three five years.....It has something of a pattern left and I am thinking Hybrid. She is one of the largest I have seen....10-11" and quite heavy. Trying to get better pics.....TY!!!!IMG_0220.jpg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d say hybrid.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
First time ever I see such a syno. And I used to collect them. FWIW.

Show us any and all of the earlier photos, please. If you don't have them, please, use google images and post what looks the closest when it was a fry, juvi, subadult. If you will.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT

Show us any and all of the earlier photos, please. If you don't have them, please, use google images and post what looks the closest when it was a fry, juvi, subadult. If you will.
This fish is an old soul.....It was 8" long when I got it 5 years ago and has always looked similar. i will try and get better pics. She used to be almost round in the belly but has broadened out a bit....probably weighs a pound and a half. I have never seen a bigger Syno.

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT

here are a few more...one with flashCat2.jpgcat 3.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store