Top Shelf Aquatics

The Yasha Hashe Goby Thread!

Nick's Reef

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I got myself a Yasha goby today, but as soon as it was in the tank ZOOM it was gone!How long did it take your guys to start appearing again???

Thanks

SeaSerpant

Mine took about a month to come out with any regularity. I know see him all the time though. In terms of other questions asked, the hi-fin does indeed grow back, pretty quickly too.

• 4 weeks later...

have any of you had yasha goby w/ shrimp fight with a BSJ or any jawfish? I want both, but not sure if they are compatible.

I haven't seen my yasha and pistol in two months except maybe... twice.

Hate to think I was spending money on something that wants to play "hide & seek"! ;)

how well would you expect the yasha to behave with a helfrick. there are times when im conveced that if im going to do another. it will need a specices tank, but maby some smaller tank mates would be ok. i wonder though if there to closely related.

Ok so I got a pair(goby and shrimp). My question is has anyone heard or read anywhere, any new information on sexual dimorphism in these fish. From what I can find, some say you can tell, and some say you can't. Which is it? Reason I ask is I would eventually like to add another yasha, but not if I run the risk of introducing the same sex fish.

my yashia goby i saw everyday but i put my mystery wrasse in yesterday. and now hes gone! my pistol shrimp is a ghost seen some sand moving under my main rock and he hasn't paired with my yashia goby. rrrrrrrrrrr i pray they grow into there environments.

I just started stocking my 34g Solana on Sunday with a pair of ORA Ocellaris and some hermit crabs. I'll add in a Yasha Hase Goby & a Randalls PS in a month. A LFS is getting the fish and they'll QT it for me as well.

What would be good choices for a 4th fish in the Solana that would get along and add some diversity? I have a lot of caves and openings through my live rock and would like a swimmer to make use of it. I would prefer farm bred so high on my list are a Bangaii Cardnalfish or a Clown Goby. I'm also considering some type of Dartfish and a Six Line Wrasse. Anything else that would be a good choice? I might want to add a longnose hawkfish down the road. Would the pistal shrimp be ok because of the yasha hase goby or should I forget about the longnose hawkfish? -- thanks

• 1 month later...
el fabuloso

I know I'm late to the party but I found one at my LFS yesterday with a matching pistol shrimp and it was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

They got separated in the tank though and the pistol shrimp has already built a tunnel even though I haven't seen him since but I can hear little popping sounds so I know he's alive. The goby is still in hiding, how long until I can expect him to come out? Is it typical for them to hide? :unsure:

lakshwadeep

Yes, they will hide when first added; some people even write them off as dead for months only to find them. Keep an eye on the cover, just in case the goby is skittish and tries to jump.

el fabuloso

At least he's hiding in an area where I can still see him so I can check if he's alive. Now since I've got him in an open pico, he'll probably end up dead on the side of the tank just like the other gobies I've had in the past. I would hate to have to put a glass top on my tank. :mellow:

• 1 month later...

i really want a pair of these fish with a shrimp do you guys think a 7.5g cube with a 1.5g fuge is big enough for this trio

• 2 months later...
jedihunter2983

just got my yasha and a randall pistol shrimp but i havent seen my shrimp since the first two days i got him do you think hes hiding or dead? all my parameters are perfect.

can a bristle worm kill him bc i have a few big ones.

just got my yasha and a randall pistol shrimp but i havent seen my shrimp since the first two days i got him do you think hes hiding or dead? all my parameters are perfect.

can a bristle worm kill him bc i have a few big ones.

if you didnt smash it with your LR

then your pistol is definitely alive.

they are VERY good hiders.

i put in my tiger pistol and lost him the first day

and i tore apart my tank looking for it.

and it appeared one night. i saw it digging a hole.

just wait it out. its hiding.

@el fabuloso

damn, perfect place for them to make shelter

and nice pictures

Archived