SaltCritters.com

Centropyge aurantius

albertthiel

albertthiel

Does anyone keep any of these in a reef or FOWLR tank ? If so would appreciate some feedback especially on how this fish behaves in reefs, in FOWLR it should not be a problem but in reefs there may be some picking on corals behavior but it has not been well documented so I am wondering what those who have one can contribute to this topic. Thanks

centropygeaurantius.png

Albert

revaltion131

From what I found when I looked into them myself, it's hit or miss just like any other Centropyge. Issues are more with healthy than anything else, but you probably know that. The toughness has kept me from trying them myself. Good luck if you do!

Ha ha Albert you knew by posting this thread, my attention would be caught. So now you know I'll be ordering one very soon.

albertthiel
Ha ha Albert you knew by posting this thread, my attention would be caught. So now you know I'll be ordering one very soon.

Yes I thought you would ... they are IMO super gorgeous specimens for a FOWLR and maybe even for a reef as long as they can find enough to feed on without becoming opportunistic and picking/feeding or trying to on corals.

Seems that Hobbyist's experiences are mixed and that many have good success with them in reefs but 30 gallons or more ones not real small ones IME

Good luck and let us know how that effort of yours progresses

Albert

Yes I thought you would ... they are IMO super gorgeous specimens for a FOWLR and maybe even for a reef as long as they can find enough to feed on without becoming opportunistic and picking/feeding or trying to on corals.

Seems that Hobbyist's experiences are mixed and that many have good success with them in reefs but 30 gallons or more ones not real small ones IME

Good luck and let us know how that effort of yours progresses

Albert

Thanks for the support. I have seen a growing trend from other hobbyist that hey have mixed results when dealing all dwarf angels. So it will be a hit or miss scenario with dwarf angels. There used to be a LfS witha golden in their reef tank. It was cryptic in nature and it was a 150 gallon though it was hard to view. When the store closed the owner who had seen the fish the day before never saw it during the moving of the tank. The main key I've noticed is to get them to eat a varied diet. The more they eat, the better luck I'll have.

I'll definitely keep you updated when I get one. I love the challenge.

albertthiel
Thanks for the support. I have seen a growing trend from other hobbyist that hey have mixed results when dealing all dwarf angels. So it will be a hit or miss scenario with dwarf angels. There used to be a LfS witha golden in their reef tank. It was cryptic in nature and it was a 150 gallon though it was hard to view. When the store closed the owner who had seen the fish the day before never saw it during the moving of the tank. The main key I've noticed is to get them to eat a varied diet. The more they eat, the better luck I'll have.

I'll definitely keep you updated when I get one. I love the challenge.

I think that what is important to them is having a lot of hiding spaces and rock in the tank on which food for them grows ... but they can be fed commercial food e.g. frozen brine and mysis and similar foods as long as they are small crustaceans, some refs I found list that they eat some algae as well ... so as long as you provide all of that I think they will do well in a small reef ... refs suggest at least 30 gals with the rocks set up in such a way that they can easily hide when they decide to want to do so

Albert

----------

Questions on the A Thiel Thread are welcome

Archived