Coral Vue Hydros

Dying Leather? Blue Ridge Coral?

RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

So I bought what was said to be a green metallic toadstool, but after googling, it looked more like what I found a blue ridge coral shown below:

208360_zpsf4580f2f.jpg

(that one isnt mine, it just looked like that)

So I put it in the tank Friday and since then, it has been closed up and been getting smaller. Before the base wasnt visible, but now it has shrunk so much that I can see the base and it doesn't look too good. On Saturday there was a film over the coral which I blew off with a turkey baster. I read the film was good because the coral will come back bigger and better but it's getting to the point where I'm getting scared. What should I do?

I have a 6g Fluval Edge with 9 CREE 3w LEDs. 5 Blue, 4 white. I have the coral in the path of a Koralia 240. My water is fine. I also have a frogspawn, mushrooms, polpys, feather duster, candy cane coral, gsp, and a clownfish in there. Everything else is fine.

These are pics of it under my moonlights. The pics were taken with my phone. I had to adjust the settings

IMAG1045_zps81594c2a.jpg

IMAG1044_zps9ca7b032.jpg

IMAG1043_zps20f4e591.jpg

IMAG1042_zpsf19fb62e.jpg

IMAG1041_zps9d942487.jpg

Haven't had a leather coral for years but i know from when i did keep them that the slightest thing would piss them off, and that they would also randomly close up and go glossy for a few days and then you'd wake up the next day and it'd look fine.

Archived