Please ID this coral if you can.
AcroporaGreenBlueTip2020041901.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that is similar or the same. I got it as the "Seattle Sparkler" This pic makes the tips look more purple, but they are actually sky blue.
Seattle Sparkler.jpg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that is similar or the same. I got it as the "Seattle Sparkler" This pic makes the tips look more purple, but they are actually sky blue.
Seattle Sparkler.jpg
This look very much like mine.
Another name that someone told me is Steve Elias Blue Staghorn, an LE coral from Steve Tyree.

kevin_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know we cant trace lineage, but it resembles the ora turquoise stag.

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that looks just like yours. Mine was a frag from Boom Corals. I think it's a pretty common variant stag now that I've seen with mariculture too.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it will be Green Stag with blue tip. One of the earliest people keep it, start at around 2000 was Steve Elias, thus it was named Steve Elias Blue stag. He must have a lot of light on it becasue this coral change color.
The species name is Acropora loisettae. Apparently it is a chameleon and color change a lot with various tank condition. Blue with very high light and green with lower light.
It was a lot greener when I first got it, now turquoise instead of true green. I will have even more light on it and see how it change.
I will frag it and put part of it under lower light and the original colony continue to have high light. I will keep this thread update.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look like that initially when I first got it into my tank. Lighter and more blue with higher light and current. I think this is an old coral in captivity and many people name it various names due to the color changes. It is a green (-> teal -> blue) base with bright light blue tip. Gets much lighter under low nutrients and high light. It has a reddish-> purple tone to it near the tip. This come out with high light. Polyps are greenish more blue and purple with high light.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this coral. The Steve A stag is an amazing vibrant blue in high light and green with blue tips otherwise. I can’t wait to get it growing! Awesome stag.

My bad, meant Steve e stag not Steve a. I thought it was gone from the area until a friend posted a frag for sale.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two that look the same as well. A couple no namers from a local hobbyist. He did say he has had them for a while and they are old school. I love them. Pictures don't do them justice. Both have blue tips.

20200420_210206.jpg
20200420_210011.jpg

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Im pretry sure mines the same. Teal colour with blue tips, fast growing stag. This is about 9 months growth seems to grow more branches towards flow.

20200328_210520.jpg 20190817_205326.jpg
Thats a scripps, A. micropathalma.

There are some great looking stags in this thread!

Some loisettae's have been posted by others , but I think @OrionN 's /OP stag looks more like an acropora lovelli IMO

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%

Back