Arabian butterflyfish, easy or difficult

Samandar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0972.JPG
Hi, recently I bought two Arabian butterflyfish from a store that have six of them. They are 5" in size. I let them in 100 Litr Quarantine tank. In the second day one of them begins to eat flake and the second one some days after. Before I bring them to home I read a lot about them. Almost every where had been wrote that they are absolutely difficult. Now after one month they eat every things. Flake, granule, artemia lettuce ....

DSC_0970.JPG

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful fish! Don't know anything other that about this species. Hope they do well and that you keep us updated.... with pictures.

OP
OP
Samandar

Samandar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have some films with extension MP4. There is any procedure to upload film ?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are supposed to be very difficult as they are obligate corallivores and corallivores in aquaria usually refuse food. If they are eating that will go a long way toward their care.

I would be very interested in updates.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will take time to know for sure, but it sounds like you lucked out and got some highly adaptable ones. It's sounds similar to leopard wrasses, they don't ship well and can struggle to adjust from a pod based diet, but if they do then they are hearty and relatively easy to care for.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are supposed to be very difficult as they are obligate corallivores and corallivores in aquaria usually refuse food. If they are eating that will go a long way toward their care.

I would be very interested in updates.

Agree with this post, very intrigued! Good luck!

OP
OP
Samandar

Samandar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_1090.JPG
DSC_1081.JPG
DSC_1080.JPG
DSC_1083.JPG
Hi, new news about my Arabian butterflyfishs. Thy are healthy and happy. They eat granule and flack. I am not sure but as you can see in the pictures one of them that I think he male is, has been became a bit slim. Although he takes foods like another one.
DSC_1081.JPG
DSC_1080.JPG
DSC_1083.JPG

Last edited:

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_1090.JPG
DSC_1081.JPG
DSC_1080.JPG
DSC_1083.JPG
Hi, new news about my Arabian butterflyfishs. Thy are healthy and happy. They eat granule and flack. I am not sure but as you can see in the pictures one of them that I think he male is, has been became a bit slim. Although he takes foods like another one.
DSC_1081.JPG
DSC_1080.JPG
DSC_1083.JPG

Wowww awesome!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_1090.JPG
DSC_1081.JPG
DSC_1080.JPG
DSC_1083.JPG
DSC_1081.JPG
DSC_1080.JPG
DSC_1083.JPG
Has he been treated for internal parasites.

OP
OP
Samandar

Samandar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has he been treated for internal parasites.
Hi, yes I gave them metronidazole. I let some granule in metronidazole solution for ten minutes and feed the fishes one time per day for five days. Their feces seems to be OK. Another thing with this fish is that he respires rapider than the other one. Except metronidazole I don't have another quality medicine.

OP
OP
Samandar

Samandar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am so sad. Both of Arabian butterflyfishes has been dead almost suddenly. One of them had deficalty with respiring during last days. But another one was completely OK. The OK one died first. It began to dead respiring and after few hours died. So I don't what happened. All other fishes in the tank are completely OK, one sadel back one yellow tang, one blue tang, one bicolor angel fish one king bleny, one whatch man goby, one fire dart and a sail fin tang, all are OK. As result Arabian butterflyfish is easy but impossible.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am so sad. Both of Arabian butterflyfishes has been dead almost suddenly. One of them had deficalty with respiring during last days. But another one was completely OK. The OK one died first. It began to dead respiring and after few hours died. So I don't what happened. All other fishes in the tank are completely OK, one sadel back one yellow tang, one blue tang, one bicolor angel fish one king bleny, one whatch man goby, one fire dart and a sail fin tang, all are OK. As result Arabian butterflyfish is easy but impossible.
Sorry to hear about the losses. I was really hoping you were going to have success.

mobydick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0972.JPG
Hi, recently I bought two Arabian butterflyfish from a store that have six of them. They are 5" in size. I let them in 100 Litr Quarantine tank. In the second day one of them begins to eat flake and the second one some days after. Before I bring them to home I read a lot about them. Almost every where had been wrote that they are absolutely difficult. Now after one month they eat every things. Flake, granule, artemia lettuce ....

DSC_0970.JPG
Are they still alive

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back