Clove polyps have orange growth on it. Please helppppp

GupGup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid or what not but my prize clove colony is got these little orange bumps growing on some of the tube things. Now it growing like crazy and I’m seeing lots of new little cloves every day
My water parameters are stable and all my other coral is going crazy. Now I did just get some new morphs (mushrooms) into my tank
So yeah I’m not sure. I have also got 2 starfish a hermit crab. Blue tang Skopas tang a few turbo snails and a Blenny. Just like in case. But yeah can anyone help me out???

4EBA4F44-FC08-41A2-ADE5-493B1E562123.jpeg

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh yeah that’s a problem, clove polyps should not have spaghetti-o’s on them! They look most like sponges/tunicates to me, I would do a standard H2O2 dip and scrape gently (don’t damage the clove) with a new, sharp razor or scalpel. Hopefully manual removal completely resolves the issue. Good luck!

OP
OP
G

GupGup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh yeah that’s a problem, clove polyps should not have spaghetti-o’s on them! They look most like sponges/tunicates to me, I would do a standard H2O2 dip and scrape gently (don’t damage the clove) with a new, sharp razor or scalpel. Hopefully manual removal completely resolves the issue. Good luck!
Okay thanks for that I’ll look into it Um what kind of dip is it. And also. Do you have any idea how this happens so I might be able to prevent it in the future

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks for that I’ll look into it Um what kind of dip is it. And also. Do you have any idea how this happens so I might be able to prevent it in the future
It’s hydrogen peroxide, you can get it from cvs, walgreens, etc. 50% tank water 50% peroxide for 2-3 minutes then scrape. Should come right off.

it just happens when there’s a little tiny bit of the sponge on the cloves then you put it in your lovely tank and the sponge goes wild. After you get rid of it I doubt it’ll come back

OP
OP
G

GupGup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
It’s hydrogen peroxide, you can get it from cvs, walgreens, etc. 50% tank water 50% peroxide for 2-3 minutes then scrape. Should come right off.

it just happens when there’s a little tiny bit of the sponge on the cloves then you put it in your lovely tank and the sponge goes wild. After you get rid of it I doubt it’ll come bac
Ohhh interesting you say that because there was a quite a bit of sponge on a zoa rock I had a while ago and it died off from a bright yellow to kind of dark green so I panick took it out and scraped out 90% of the sponge. The last little bit I couldn’t get. But it seems to have disappeared. But yeah thanks

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the H2O2 algae treatment work? I do Zoas all the time because they're tough in the H2O2, but how did the cloves turn out?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back