Finally a good «problem» with my reef!!!

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I need your help to decide what will be my final fish
I have a 50 gal but it's an aio so I don't want to push the limit to keep maintenance «low». I absolutely love wrasses and I have a yellow coris right now. I saw that a pink streaked wrasse may be alright. I want a stunning fish since it's the last one to go in this tank so I'm open to a lot of suggestions. Other tankmates are a bangai cardinal, two clownfish, a cleaner shrimp, and a watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair
Here's my tank:
Thanks!✌️
1668477400197.jpeg

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly your tank looks really nice as is. I suppose if I had to pick something, it's sorta difficult because you already have some fish that dwell in sand, mid reef, and top.

Yellow Stripe Clingfish and longspine urchin symbiosis would be cool and your rock scape is relatively open. Other people may be able to comment to the idea of longspine in a 50 but if you like low maintenance that's a cool option.

OP
OP
Raph

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly your tank looks really nice as is. I suppose if I had to pick something, it's sorta difficult because you already have some fish that dwell in sand, mid reef, and top.

Yellow Stripe Clingfish and longspine urchin symbiosis would be cool and your rock scape is relatively open. Other people may be able to comment to the idea of longspine in a 50 but if you like low maintenance that's a cool option.
Thanks!
I'll look into that fish to see if it's available in Canada but it looks cool! What do you think about the pink streaked wrasse?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a Pink Streak but… Many may know I’m biased to them haha.
I mean, look at their little faces! This is a pair from my trio of this species. I don’t recommend doing a trio until you have cared for Atleast one specimen of this species.
3B50B38D-5EFE-431D-8ED6-B6EA9C15720E.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raph

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do a Pink Streak but… Many may know I’m biased to them haha.
I mean, look at their little faces! This is a pair from my trio of this species. I don’t recommend doing a trip until you have cared for Atleast one specimen of this species.
3B50B38D-5EFE-431D-8ED6-B6EA9C15720E.jpeg
Hahaha. They’re really nice!

Piscans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ys clingfish would probably starve. personally id get 2 more small wrasses (fairy wrasses, possum wrasses)

OP
OP
Raph

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the naoko’s fairy wrasse? I’m just scared he’ll become territorial

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would do a fairy wrasse in a 50 gal? They look good but isn’t 50g a bit small?
Unfortunately 50G is on the small side for a Fairy however its better to know the dimensions of the tank.

Piscans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think so? Honestly I have no idea what their diet is tbh
The Yellow Stripe Clingfish is found among the branching corals and long-spined sea urchins of sheltered reefs. Juveniles eat the tiny appendages on the surface of their host sea urchin (pedilillariae, sphaeridia) while adults may also eat the tube feet. This species has modified pelvic fins that allow it to 'cling' to surfaces.

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Yellow Stripe Clingfish is found among the branching corals and long-spined sea urchins of sheltered reefs. Juveniles eat the tiny appendages on the surface of their host sea urchin (pedilillariae, sphaeridia) while adults may also eat the tube feet. This species has modified pelvic fins that allow it to 'cling' to surfaces.
Good to know, yeah I honestly had no idea it was a parasitic symbiosis! Thanks!

Piscans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who doesn’t know much about cardinal fish, could you add two more cardinal fish? I think they look cool in a group.
i mean you could, i wouldnt cause theyd prob fight. you COULD do a tomini tang, another cool one would be something like a copperband or foxface, agian size is a limiting factor. flame angel is def a stunner.

OP
OP
Raph

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who doesn’t know much about cardinal fish, could you add two more cardinal fish? I think they look cool in a group.
I originally bought two but one died in qt with no sings of anything else so i highly think the other killed it. Especially since he’s healthy

OP
OP
Raph

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean you could, i wouldnt cause theyd prob fight. you COULD do a tomini tang, another cool one would be something like a copperband or foxface, agian size is a limiting factor. flame angel is def a stunner.
I would probably do any of those fish if i had a planned size up tank but it’s still to early to see how long i’ll do with this tank! I’m in college and soon going to university so i don’t know if i’m moving far away yet! But thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back