Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angel / Centropyge Loriculus

skinz78-albums-r2r-fish-database-angelfish-picture12308-scan0001.jpg

SCIENTIFIC NAME - Centropyge Loriculus

COMMON NAME - Flame Angel

SIZE - 3.9" (10 cm)

MIN. AQUARIUM SIZE - 20 U.S. Gal. (76 L)

FOODS AND FEEDING - Spirulina and marine algae, Mysid shrimp, high quality marine meaty foods. Feed 2 - 3 times a day (live rock for constant grazing is a plus).

REEF COMPATIBILITY - May nip large polyped stony corals, Zoanthids, and clam mantles. May take a liking to soft coral polyps.

CAPTIVE CARE - Once established, can be aggressive to members of own genus, fish with similar shape or behavior. For a peaceful community should be last fish introduced.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dimorphic, hermaphrodites bidirectional, easy to keep in pairs or harem. Female with rounded end of the ventral and anal fins and male are pointed. Can keep one male with several females. Two males will fight each other, and in a large enough tank, one will revert back to female, in small tank, one will perished. Put a group of juveniles/females together and one will develop and become male.

How to sex flame angels
flameangelfishmalefemale.jpg

Females
Flame Angel Female.jpg
FlameAngel2019021001.jpg

Males
FlameAngel2016090301Male.jpg
FlameAngel2016090302Male.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Dimorphic, hermaphrodites bidirectional, easy to keep in pairs or harem. Female with rounded end of the ventral and anal fins and male are pointed. Can keep one male with several females. Two males will fight each other, and in a large enough tank, one will revert back to female, in small tank, one will perished. Put a group of juveniles/females together and one will develop and become male.

How to sex flame angels
flameangelfishmalefemale.jpg

Females
Flame Angel Female.jpg
FlameAngel2019021001.jpg

Males
FlameAngel2016090301Male.jpg
FlameAngel2016090302Male.jpg

This really needs to be kept as a sticky - it comes up a lot and every time I have to scour the net looking for a post from you that calls this out. It is such useful information for this fish when people want to try and keep a pair. Invaluable to say the least.

Thanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back