Ice Fire Echinata

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have this? i was going to order one from cultivated reef but wasent sure how much different it looks from the picture on the site, little skeptical of the online coral purchase still.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the Tyree one or the other one that comes in a lot and named ice fire? The Tyree one if you can keep its color is breath taking once its grown out a little green with blue tip enchanta. The wild one I have no experience with.

nvdiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have both, and the color/growth was almost identical.

However, the wild one grew faster but RTNed on me, whereas the "tyree" one barely grew over the year but still alive.

CardsFan

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have both, and the color/growth was almost identical.

However, the wild one grew faster but RTNed on me, whereas the "tyree" one barely grew over the year but still alive.

++1

Grant W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Tyree version, I got it as a rescue coral from another reefer, It took forever to come back. It has finally gotten all of the great color back and has a very differant form than most other acros Ive seen. Place it in a spot where its protected as its easily broken

Der ABT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THREAD IS NOTHING WITHOUT PICS ... so ill fix that
Grows great in my tank, this frag is about 6 months old or there abouts, came in around 1/2 in with no branches when i got it. not the fastest grower but does well. LOVE it
sorry its kinda hidden in the pic but the green table is well grown onto the frag rack.
IMG_2594.jpg

tcfab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Jared at Rocky Mountain Frags, it does well and has great color. Its not a fast grower as others have said but one of my favorites.:bigsmile:

Der ABT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im running 2x250 20k radiums(only bulb ill use) and 2 54w ati blue+'s......frag is off to the side a litte but about 6 inches from the top....though its done well anywhere so far.

corsi1330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is the Tyree and grows slow. It also has only grown in a ball??
017.jpg

Surf&turf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THREAD IS NOTHING WITHOUT PICS ... so ill fix that
Grows great in my tank, this frag is about 6 months old or there abouts, came in around 1/2 in with no branches when i got it. not the fastest grower but does well. LOVE it
sorry its kinda hidden in the pic but the green table is well grown onto the frag rack.
IMG_2594.jpg

Sweet!!!

OP
OP
E

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i've decided i'm going to hold off and grab a frag of tyree when it becomes available. i figure if i'm going to spend some decent money on a frag i may as well get the "best" right? By the way, how is lineage proven?

BillyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i've decided i'm going to hold off and grab a frag of tyree when it becomes available. i figure if i'm going to spend some decent money on a frag i may as well get the "best" right? By the way, how is lineage proven?

Get it from a reputable vendor that specializes in exotic sps. Rockymountainfrags is a fine choice.

BigJohnWoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyree icefire has been on the top of my list for some time. It's just every time I find it, it either is sold already or it's over a hundred bucks for a 1/2 to 3/4 inch frag and then another 50 for shipping:(. Too much to spend when it's that size for me. Good luck with your searching and pm me if you find more than one. Thanks

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Aquascene looks like DerABT's. I have another that is starting to look a bit different.

Last edited:

Nuocmam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of an unlineaged ice fire that I let go awhile back. I'll work on a pic of my Aquascene.
superman005.jpg

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back