In the Market for Very blue corals!

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey yall I am lacking blue colors in my reef tank. I only have 1 and it is a blue vermiculata. I am looking for very vibrant blues that pop also some purples which all i have is a purple montipora plate and a easter egg chalice. Also would like not to break the bank lol

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For purple, cliffs acro gets very purple in high light. :) It has deep purple polyps too.

Boom-3412.jpg

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue/purple hornet zoas are nice, mine grow at a decent rate as well. Of course you always can do some nice acros, blueberry gorgonians, or mushrooms. I have found that blue and yellows are two of the most difficult colors to add to a reef tank.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heart of the ocean or HOTO is the bluest of all right now..so get that nothing is bluer than that.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those are some nice corals I have a blue green tort which is mstly green with blue tips haha. Also Yellow Acros are really hard I was thinking the rr wolverine and pink lemonade for starters and maybe a floyde when the price drops. Any others.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most anything that you see from the designer shops came are available without names from other people - there are probably only 5 RR corals that I have not seen other places... the Pink Floyd is one of them... Flaming Yellow Orchid is another. Wolverine and Avengers are all over the place and I think that I saw some on a mari plug not too long ago.

True yellow acros are very hard to find. Gold is also just as hard.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TCK pikachu along with pink floyd and wolverine will be my bet for yellow.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keeping blue and yellow acros exactly blue and yellow is like acid test for the keepers.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others mentioned, Heart of the Ocean from @Peng is probably the bluest. However, Oregon Tort , UC Acropora Vermiculata , Acropora Hoeksemi , Palmers Blue milli and ofcourse my favorite - true Sapphire millepora. If you ever have seen a true sapphire mille, the shade of blue is something to yearn for . Am still looking for one and willing to trade even costly designer pieces like RMF Acid Trip Milli or even Oregon Tort for it .

Regards,
Abhishek

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others mentioned, Heart of the Ocean from @Peng is probably the bluest. However, Oregon Tort , UC Acropora Vermiculata , Acropora Hoeksemi , Palmers Blue milli and ofcourse my favorite - true Sapphire millepora. If you ever have seen a true sapphire mille, the shade of blue is something to yearn for . Am still looking for one and willing to trade even costly designer pieces like RMF Acid Trip Milli or even Oregon Tort for it .

Regards,
Abhishek
I'm excited to get my HOTO friday from peng. Looks like a beautiful coral. Will put it next to my oregon tort frag and take pics for comparison.

Peng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heart of the Ocean if you want to go with the bluest. Another pleasant blue would be Ice Fire Echinata w/o green zooxanthellae. Two of my favorites. However the latter one is finicky.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back