Jewel Like Juliis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish we usually call the “Julii Cleaner Wrasse” here in North America has a few other common names worldwide like “Yellowband Tubelip,” which makes sense when you see the adult coloration and exaggerated lips. The “Yellow Tail Wrasse,” which is unimaginative, but also accurate for both the adult and transitional fish. Another staff favorite is “Wandering Wrasse” which references the fun-to-watch swimming style this wrasse has. We've seen it retailed as a “Cigar Wrasse” as well, but that name is more commonly applied to a couple other wrasses. Whatever you like to call it, Diproctacanthus xanthurus is a small fish, getting only three or four inches long; they are much more commonly available at two inches and under, when they more frequently still have their juvenile coloration.

This is an easy to keep, very active, engaging little fish, that as we referenced before, will usually accept common aquarium foods easily. We feed them a meaty mix of thawed foods like Gamma mysis shrimp and finely chopped seafoods, which they do very well on. They will also accept Nutramar pelletized foods in short order. Click to learn more

julii-cleaner-v1.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back