Lost my mystery wrasse today

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
38B37486-EDA3-4C8E-84E5-B6B05D3A8089.jpeg
Tough loss..Such a beautiful fish. And the $149 lost hurts. Went through 15 days of copper power with a anthia. Ate great until the 13th day and was hiding for the first time. But did eat some. Transferred both fish to another tank I use post copper only and started GC yesterday. Came home from work to a dead fish. Looks like a worm came out of the fish... thoughts? I’ve had good luck so far with my fish in QT. I’m hoping to learn from this loss.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He had intestinal parasites or worms. Do you add metro or GC to food?
I did previously to all fish when I went fallow. But with newly purchased fish only when I see white stringy poop. I didn’t see any with him. I figured it was the GC that made the worm come out/caused his death. Wouldn’t it have even feeding GC? Makes me think GC kills the internal parasites/ worms even in the water colum.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This leads me to believe that GC in the water column kills internal parasites. Is that wrong @HotRocks ?
GC in the water column treats externally. In order to effectively erradicate intestinal worms/parasites the meds need added to the food.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry for your loss

Me as well. It’s never easy when we lose a pet/part of the family. Looks like you did everything you could.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back