Pseudanthias flavoguttatus

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimating-Pseudanthias-1.png
I have a pair of red saddle anthias like the image above (not my image) and noticed that they didn't look like a typical red saddle anthias below (also not my image)
Pseudanthias-flavoguttatus.png
the bottom image has a much more prominent yellow crown and no yellow at the bottom of the caudal fin like the image above it
I was just wondering if these are the same species or just a local variation in colouration
Thanks in advance

FoD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be angle and lighting as well. When I had my harem, they were iridescent with the yellow, and would gain yellow depending on angle.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few similar species to flavoguttatus, Lori and Aurulentus. Could also just be individual differences. Not an easy fish to keep though. Mine did ok in a 'calm' tank but not in my main display.

franctank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimating-Pseudanthias-1.png
I have a pair of red saddle anthias like the image above (not my image) and noticed that they didn't look like a typical red saddle anthias below (also not my image)
Pseudanthias-flavoguttatus.png
the bottom image has a much more prominent yellow crown and no yellow at the bottom of the caudal fin like the image above it
I was just wondering if these are the same species or just a local variation in colouration
Thanks in advance
Hi friend! , could you tell me how long did you keep them alive for? Did they feed well ? Thanks, Franc

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back