Yellow Ritteri Anemone

tomtep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took a bite and purchased this nem. They advertised as yellow Ritteri but is there such a thing or is this will turn green under a higher light? What do you guys think?

FFC59151-2C49-4693-B6CE-C4EF73218D54.jpeg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is just took it out of the bag. Not looking so good

EE780D78-F8DE-4C1C-9918-411E9577B1DC.png
Did they ship it on the rock like that?

How much water was in the bag with it?

Do you have Cipro on hand? These anenomes don't necessarily transport well and oftentimes require treatment before going into your display.

OP
OP
tomtep

tomtep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they ship it on the rock like that?

How much water was in the bag with it?

Do you have Cipro on hand? These anenomes don't necessarily transport well and oftentimes require treatment before going into your display.
I put the rock in the bucket so the nem could attach to it.

they ship it with little water, and the water is clear not cloudy.

I don't have Cipro but I did use some Iodine. So far it looking better and attached to the rock, hopefully it will get better.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the rock in the bucket so the nem could attach to it.

they ship it with little water, and the water is clear not cloudy.

I don't have Cipro but I did use some Iodine. So far it looking better and attached to the rock, hopefully it will get better.
Little shipping water and shipping carpets just doesn't go together. I can't Stand when suppliers do this.

In My experience, having Cipro on hand with this type of anemone is not a question, more of a requirement. If I were you I would try to order some ASAP.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out for cipro:

If it makes you feel any better, when I got my magnifica, it was basically inside out as well. I believe the oxygen levels really affects magnificas during shipping, but if they don't have any infection, they bounce back well.

Cipro will help if it gets an infection. But it might just be ticked. Give it a day.

OP
OP
tomtep

tomtep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally put it in the tank and it looks so much better.

When do you usually start feeding it and how often? Thanks

084299ED-5A45-4622-B0E4-C73A8D594843.jpeg

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that looks bleached. I think it'll really start coloring up to something, not sure what yet, but I think it's going to be a beauty no matter what.

I've never fed my magnifica (6 years now), but I do give it a ton of light. Some say it likes whiter light, and some have even used small freshwater spotlights on them. But really, give it as much light as SPS needs and it'll do great.

As long as they don't have infection, magnificas are very hardy anemones.

OP
OP
tomtep

tomtep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that looks bleached. I think it'll really start coloring up to something, not sure what yet, but I think it's going to be a beauty no matter what.

I've never fed my magnifica (6 years now), but I do give it a ton of light. Some say it likes whiter light, and some have even used small freshwater spotlights on them. But really, give it as much light as SPS needs and it'll do great.

As long as they don't have infection, magnificas are very hardy anemones.
Thanks for your advice. It’s currently sitting on the top of the tank so it will get plenty of lights. I can’t wait to see what it will turn into.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your advice. It’s currently sitting on the top of the tank so it will get plenty of lights. I can’t wait to see what it will turn into.

You're all set then! Don't worry about feeding it, in fact I know that feeding can sometimes stress them out. Let it just get food from the clownfish or some floating pieces. I guess if you really want it to grow a lot, you could feed it mysis, but I wouldn't worry about feeding it to keep it alive/healthy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back