Where did this come from ?

boohaven

Angelfish
Hi today i striped down my 6ft tank to get a wetmarella out that i wanted to put in my smaler tank and i found a fish that i have identified as Brotulina fusca ( Dusky brotulid ) i seen this fish 3 years ago and have NEVER seen it after BUT i never brought it in the first place i have never seen one in shops and anywhere else so where has this guy come from ???
And has anyone had one and know anything about it ?

Probably on liverock, coral etc. Sorry don't know anything about it.

I would love to put a pic up BUT when i took it out of the 6ft tanki did get a few shots but it was moving all the time !!! It has these very nice ribbons on each side so its always in motion so the pics i got of it are rubbish and you arnt realy see it :(
It is a stunning yellow , about 6cm long and is a chunky little thing for something i have never seen in 3 years !!!!
I will try and get a pic when i redo my pony tank today but it is a bit shy :)

Yes i love the colours its a yellow as the tang
It is a shame they like to hide but i think adding him to a tank that is bare would e a bit mean

I googled it but couldn't find much.
All I know now is that it comes from Asia.
I found a fish base page on it but it kept messing up when I tried to put a link on here for it :(
And it looks sort of catfish-ish from the "whiskers" its got in the picture xvickyx posted (the link for):)

Hi today i striped down my 6ft tank to get a wetmarella out that i wanted to put in my smaler tank and i found a fish that i have identified as Brotulina fusca ( Dusky brotulid ) i seen this fish 3 years ago and have NEVER seen it after BUT i never brought it in the first place i have never seen one in shops and anywhere else so where has this guy come from ???
And has anyone had one and know anything about it ?

does it look like this

20902.gif

and if so it is a Yellow Featherfin (Lycopod) Goby Brotulina fusca

Well a year o and ive had to strip the tank down again so have the fish in another tank , will be taking some pics later on to show how stunning this fish is :)

Back