Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting Knife

Article about: Hey guys, I have this Imperial era German fighting knife with scabbard in the style of a Kurzes SG.98 bayonet I've had in my collection for a bit. There's no markings anywhere. The overall l

Default Unknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting Knife

Hey guys,

I have this Imperial era German fighting knife with scabbard in the style of a Kurzes SG.98 bayonet I've had in my collection for a bit. There's no markings anywhere. The overall length of the knife is about 25cm. The top of the front of the scabbard has a beautiful Imperial era crown and Iron Cross decal that's worn and scuffed up like the knife and scabbard. The condition looks right but I couldn't find a reference to this knife in my lone reference book on the subject "Militaria Guides 2: German Combat Knives 1914-1945" by Christian Mery. Just wondering if it's legitimate or a known fake I'm not aware of.

Thanks for any help.

Unknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting KnifeUnknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting KnifeUnknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting Knife
    P
    Many

?

It looks more like a letter opener and as a miniature from the dimmensions.

Yes, they are letter openers, I have 2 or 3 of them with advertising from german companies, I guess from the 30s, nice ones BTW

Nacho

?

The Holy roman crown and iron cross in leaves circle could be for veterans of WW1 dedication.

Yes AndyB you're right, is not a company advertising, here are two of mine both with companies advertisingUnknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting KnifeUnknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting KnifeUnknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting KnifeUnknown Imperial Era Kurzes SG.98 Fighting Knife

Ah ok, what a fancy letter opener. Thanks for the feedback.

I have one myself. They are nice.