• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

backslash key ? Mac Pro Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont find the backslash key to bring quick mask in my mac pro ? anyone could help ?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's usually above the "Enter" key on a US keyboard, and only works if you have a Layer Mask selected.

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 10.42.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene is right about the location for the backslash key (except that it's Return, not Enter, on a Mac).

But "Q" is actually the standard toggle for Quick Mask.

885A1413-357F-438E-A932-A1007207A143.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Quick Mask works directly on a selection as a Rubylith mask, but if you opt for a Layer Mask and want to see it more clearly, there's a separate Rubylith option for that which is toggled by the backslash instead of Q. If for some reason your keyboard won't cooperate, clicking on the Layer Mask in the Channels panel will do the same:

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 4.49.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also not well known is that the Layer Mask has its' own Rubylith options separate from Quick Mask which can be found by right or ctrl clicking on the Layer Mask.

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 5.00.01 AM.png

I'll admit I rarely use Masks, Janee but over time I've dug this information up for those who do want to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines