Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I change values in a specific column depending on values of other columns?

Hi,

I created a duplicate of the column "Einzeldauer" and named it "Ersatzstunden". The column "Einzeldauer" must stay untouched.

1. If a cell in column "Grund Abwesend" is "Feiertag" and the cell in the column "Kommentar" contains "ÜÜ" then the value of the cell in the column "Ersatzstunden" should stay untouched.

2. If a cell in column "Grund Abwesend" is "Feiertag" and the cell in the column "Kommentar" contains "ÜÜN" then the value of the cell in the column "Ersatzstunden" must be multiplied by -1.

3. In any other case the value of the cell in the column "Ersatzstunden" should be "null".

original:

Peterman_0-1666252220259.png

expected result:

Peterman_1-1666252596479.png

Which formula would I have to enter into the Advanced Editor?

Many thanks for hints!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous !

My suggestion is:

1. Delete the current Ersatzstunden column you have

2. Add Column > Custom Column and try this 

JorgePinho_0-1666255825529.png

if [Grund Abwesend] = "Feiertag" and Text.Contains([Kommentar], "ÜÜ") then [Einzeldauer]
else if [Grund Abwesend] = "Feiertag" and Text.Contains([Kommentar], "ÜÜN") then Value.Multiply([Einzeldauer],-1)
else null

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous !

My suggestion is:

1. Delete the current Ersatzstunden column you have

2. Add Column > Custom Column and try this 

JorgePinho_0-1666255825529.png

if [Grund Abwesend] = "Feiertag" and Text.Contains([Kommentar], "ÜÜ") then [Einzeldauer]
else if [Grund Abwesend] = "Feiertag" and Text.Contains([Kommentar], "ÜÜN") then Value.Multiply([Einzeldauer],-1)
else null
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. It works not as expected as the first "ÜÜ" already fulfills the "if" and so "ÜÜN" will never be identified. Once I changed "ÜÜ" to "ÜÜP" in my source files and changing the formula as follows ist works fine:

if [Grund Abwesend] = "Feiertag" and Text.Contains([Kommentar], "ÜÜP") then [Einzeldauer]
else null

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.