Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oversaturated pictures

(Topic created on: 04-06-2023 06:56 PM)
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
No matter what settings I take off, scene optimiser, change my display to natural over vivid. 

99% ofy photos are just not true to life colour accuracy straight from point and shoot. It's like Samsung's processing is making colours too aggressively innacurate 

All of that trees and bushes look nothing like that colour of green in real life with point and shoot camera still photo shots

I think the only way I can suffice is in expert raw or pro mode, with raw file only, but then every file is so massive. 

I wish this camera had google pixels colour accuracy 

7 REPLIES 7
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
What if u Turner off scene optimiser ? See if that helps the saturation
0 Likes
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
It's already off, tried with auto HDR off too. The pics look good that split second before Samsung decide to start processing the photo.

Only way I've overcome is to shoot raw photos with expert raw or pro mode with raw file, but then a single photo file is massive, and takes up way too much storage just for a single shot it's nuts. First Samsung I've owned and the last if it stays this saturated going forward
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Yes raw file takes up soooo much that is a pain. I only use ratio 4:3 and sometimes 50mp but I got s23 regular model. See how things go maybe anyone from Samsung family community can help any comments welcome
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
Yeah exactly, I heard there was suppose to be a massive camera update this month. So wait n see how that goes, may have to go back to the pixel 8 pro when that comes out
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Ahh it's still a good phone don't give up just yet.

For me I see it as samsung mobiles never fail to disappointment me. I may not have ultra I owned a s10 plus then 2021 s21 plus now s23 base model.

No regrets.

I think see how it goes.
0 Likes
kiddo8
Pioneer
Options
I do a lot of photos with my daughter, my dog, and family gatherings, amount of blurry photos that come out is insane 😂 I love the phone and it's end to end customisation. The s pen. It's a great phone, I just wish it had Google's camera software/processing.
0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
From my experience every Samsung flagship gets better with each update and camera in particular reaches a stable state nearly after a year so I would say give it a couple of months.