Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Converted Late War Infantry Waffenrock...

Article about: Hi everyone. Thought I'd share this late war Waffenrock conversion tunic I recently purchased. First one I've had in my collection and happy to have it. Since the regulations on these were p

?

Default Converted Late War Infantry Waffenrock...

Hi everyone.

Thought I'd share this late war Waffenrock conversion tunic I recently purchased. First one I've had in my collection and happy to have it. Since the regulations on these were pretty lax each one of these seems to have its own set of unique characteristics, which makes them appealing to me as well.

With this one, the tailor removed all waffenfarbe piping from the tunic (which was pretty standard), but also removed the ornate rear scalloped flaps (and piping), as well as the belt support buttons, to create a more traditional tunic style and look. Same with the cuffs, which were very skillfully removed and converted. If you look at the underside of the collar you can also see where the original large waffenrock tabs were previously applied.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Converted Late War Infantry Waffenrock...
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Interesting example. I've seen at least one with a Volksturm armband attached.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Very late war these were being stripped out and issued to various units for field wear.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,
    Why late war ?
    Modified Waffenrocke were also issued early war.
    This one still has sew-in dark green numbered shoulderboards and the Hoheitsabzeichen looks woven white (or light grey) on dark green. This eagle in this configuration is not the type used on Waffenrocke, but on pre/early war Feldblusen...
    The Litzen can't help with the date of the reissue as it's the type used between 1940 and 1945.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I agree.
    It could have been modified early war. The collar tabs stitchings are typicle early war style (a mixture of machine and hand sewn work), and the the shoulder straps still have their embroided number.